Monday, September 13, 2010

Wikipedia

To be completely honest, I use Wikipedia a lot. I like how when I type a topic into my URL bar it takes me to Wiki to the exact thing that I want. I feel like it comes in handy when I don't know what a word means and I don't want to fill out three million forms online to get to a GOOD dictionary. (I do this, of course, because I'm too lazy to go upstairs to get my ACTUAL dictionary)
I believe that Wiki can conquer expertise. Why buy your sources when Wikipedia is PROBABLY right? I mean, once in a while it's wrong, but I think that if something is that important, you should probably look for an expert. (like, medically) I think it goes back to the copyright thing. I'm not sure I think people should own knowledge, but I guess that's the price you pay when you want a guarantee that what you're reading is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment