Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Google

After reading the article "Planet Google Wants You", I believe I am like Dan Firger. I do not exactly rely on Google, but technology is a big part of my life. I don't know what I would do without it. I check my cellphone constantly, seeing if I got any text messages or phone calls from anybody. I also use my phone's calender a lot. I have an ap on my phone where I can enter all my friends' and familys' birthdays, and it reminds me kind of like an alarm. Facebook is also a source I use to keep me updated on everything. I guess I do use Youtube, which is owned by Google. to watch the newest music and funny videos. I think without technology, our society would be lost!

I believe just by owning many sites, is a strategy of Google advertising. They do own Youtube, one of the most popular website on the web. For an example. When I go and watch a video on makeup, there's always an advertisement of makeup on the side, and google suggest other videos I should watch, or blogs I should read. It's kind of weird seeing some of the advertisments that pop up on the side. I sometimes look back on what I searched, wondering why random advertisments pop up. Some are very mysterious! Because of the smart people who did good on tests, I believe Google is Apocratic.

I used to use Yahoo a lot. . . When I was younger!The main page is very cluttered with different links. The other day I went on yahoo to find movie times and it took me a few minutes to find the movie link. Recently, not only with webites, but everything out there is trying to go plain and simple. Like food lables and car models. Yahoo is the complete opposite of this. Google just has their famous Google title with a few links at the top, and every once in a while for special occasions the font is changed. I think people like myself like things simple. Why go to site where it makes things inconvenient for us? I believe Google will always be stronger than Yahoo and all the other browsers because they own everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment