Monday, September 20, 2010

Mashup

The purpose of my mash up was pretty straight forward. I love a good ballad as much as the next girl, but every time I hear Heart's "Alone," I always think of some crazy stalker. This though inspired my mash up of this song, and three clips. The first is from my favorite teen drama, One Tree Hill. Peyton's "long lost brother" turned out to be a crazy stalker who just had a little too much love for her. The second is from "The Strangler" episode of the kid's hit TV show, Spongebob Squarepants. Spongebob tattled on the Tattletale Strangler, and now, well, you get the picture. The third is from one of the scariest movies I've ever seen. Granted, I was 10 when I saw it, but still, "Fear" scared me pretty badly. Mark Wahlberg was pretty scary when he was trying to get to his obsession, Reese Witherspoon. I'm obeying the Fair Use rule because I'm changing the meaning of the song. I'm very much hoping that the viewer will not think of love when they see this mash up, and instead see irony of the stalking.

My video

2 comments:

  1. I really love the contrast of the song to the video clips! You make a really interesting point. I also really like how you included spongebob. It showed that issues like these are not just is adult shows! They are in kids shows too! I agree that you followed the fairuse guidelines. You changed the meanings of both the song and the video pretty obviously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! You timed the break in just right with the music.

    ReplyDelete