Thursday, September 23, 2010

Google

After reading these articles I've found that the only way that I am really like Dan Firger is that fact that technology is a huge part of my own life, because it really is! I am a constant computer user, and CELLPHONE USER! I am constantly on my computer whether it's to check facebook or be on Google, I am one of those ones who LOVES Google, I mean I guess it's really because I've always really used it, and I find it a lot easier, because all of the links at the top of the page make it really easy mainly because Google is just a search engine. As I said before I am also a really big cellphone user, because that's a huge part of my life, my phone is really the only way in which I can talk to my parents and brothers everyday. I also am always checking the time, and if I got a text or email and if it should be anything of importance.

Google just owns a lot of sites, and I guess that's there main strategy, and I don't know if this has been mentioned a lot, but YOUTUBE!!! I am in love with YouTube, I am always on it watching certain videos that make me laugh or just stupid little videos when I'm bored. Since YouTube is owned by Google, if you ever look up a certain video there are always side links from Google, giving you more information or stuff like that, that if you click on it, it will take you to a Google site, I do believe that Google is Apocratic.

To be honest even as a kid I really didn't use Yahoo I think I might have used it just a couple of times, but it was never used to an extreme point, the only reason I used Yahoo was to play games, because they have so many links on the side and one of them happened to be Games, and as a little kid that's what I was always drawn to. Also to this day I don't really use Yahoo, I really only use Google, mainly because that's what I have always been using, but if I ever do use Yahoo, no... It's not to play a game, but look for different opinions on a certain research topic, that I wasn't able to find on Google. I think another reason why Yahoo has kind of gone down is that as I mentioned before there are a bunch of links on the side of the screen, so it's completely cluttered with current events, links, and other stuff, whereas Google has like seven links at the top of the page, why make is more difficult with all of the clutter?

No comments:

Post a Comment