Tuesday, September 21, 2010

MASHUP

The purpose of my mashup was to show the BP oil spill and its effects in a different light. Sure, the catastrophe got a lot of attention from the media, but at best we would get a shot of the underwater oil rig spewing massive amounts of oil into the ocean. This did upset the country, watching the oil disperse into the water, but we rarely got a glimpse of the effects on the ecosystem that the spill provided. Most of the animals and wildlife in the gulf will be affected for decades to come, and hopefully this video gives a glimpse of the devastation. I set the clips of the oil spill to a the song from the hit Youtube video, "Noah takes a picture of himself for six years." It is simply a piano song with no words, so I don't think anyone can argue that the song has a "set" meaning. When I watched the "Noah" video, the song reminded me of something dark and almost epic happening, so I found it very fit to put my video to, and also think I am transforming the song and footage into a different message than what was originally intended, so I think I would be alright as far as Fair Use goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment