Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Google

I am a huge fan of GOOGLE. I use Google for anything and everything. I have a G-mail account, I play around with Google earth when I am bored or want to locate something. If I want a quick answer I use Google to find an answer. I do believe in some ways I am like Dan Firger in regards to I do use Googles’ search engine at least a couple times a day. But, I do not chat with friends using “Google Talk” or use my g-mail account as my main source of email. But then again, my cell phone does not ring six to eight times a day from the Google Calendar. I also do not find myself “getting sucked down the Google wormhole.” Do not get me wrong I am a big Google Fan and appreciate it very much. I did not realize how much I used Google and YouTube as an information source until I started our Mashup project. The majority of my clips that I used for my Mashup came from YouTube. If Google and YouTube ended up disappearing one day, I would have a hard time dealing with it. I do believe that Google was once a noun and has now been made into a verb.

I do not have much knowledge on Google Advertisements. The only advertisements I really pay attention to is on Facebook. I have heard that they are like Facebook and do keep track of the number of clicks an ad receives and the click through numbers depend on how long the ad is up for. Google does keep track of your search history and relates the ads shown to your search history. I do know that Google owns YouTube but that’s all I have heard of. Google and YouTube are the top search sites. I would not be surprised if Google continues to grow bigger and adds onto what it already have. Google is concerned with the needs of its users and will continue to meet our needs. That is why they will continue to grow and stay up to date.

Yahoo definably fell behind. I do not know when they fell behind but I do know it was pretty early. I am not a big fan of Yahoo and I do not ever remember using Yahoo for information or a search engine. I do feel like Yahoo is trying too hard. They are trying to out do Google, well that just is not going to happen. After going to Yahoos site I did not find it to be a search engine. It told me the latest Hollywood news and everything that I really do not care for. If I wanted to know I would “Google it” or search for it. If Yahoo was to be better then Google then they need to pull a head, which will be very difficult to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment