Wednesday, September 22, 2010

GOOGLE

After reading the article on Dan Firger and Google it made me realize how much I really do use Google. It's basically the onlysearch engine I use, I also use it for homework for loking up things on Google scholar. Google maps are also really helpful and basically I could go on and on. Not to mention we are using Blogger for the blog which is also part of Google. I think I'm like Dan Firger in a sense becaue I have things on my phone not google (yet) but I have my Email, Facebook, Facebook SMS,My Bank and other things that remind me of things going on so in a sense I really do rely on it like Firger does on Google.
I know that Google is really good at advertising and its not like they even have to try anymore, they have become a household name and they are very intricate in the ways that they are involved in all aspects of the internet. They own the Maps, Google Earth, Youtube (which I realized when I uploaded my video and it asked me if I had a youtube account or a gmail account). I think it will continue to expand and is Aptocratic because in the article it talks about how it hires the top of the top researchers and developers so they will be top of the line.
Yahoo fell behind I think because of other advancements and its lack of new intricate ways to attract attention. Before Yahoo was a little more separted, but now they are making it better and in the article it talks about the new applications and technology advancemets, so I look forward to checking it out (at least to get a break from google).

No comments:

Post a Comment