Thursday, September 9, 2010

Fair Use

The Broadcast Engineering article was very interesting. It mentioned how college students teachers can llegaly break copy protection for educational purposes. I believe it should always be like that. I remember watching Finding Nemo in spanish in Spanish class. We all enjoyed watching a movie and not having to do any work. Using videos fo the classroom can be fun and educational.
Also I thought of documentaries. I am personally not into that, but there are alot of people who like to do that. The movie Rent came to my mind. During the whole movie a guy video taped his friends and neighbors and watched as AIDS took over their systems and shut them down. That is real stuff that people who are making the documentaries need. We can also learn from the documentaries that they make.
I dont have any examples of mash ups because I honestly didnt know what they were and how to make them.
I think that fair use is up to the people who made the videos and up to us. We have to know how to be respectful with the things that the people have made. We learned all about plagerism in school. We cant copy and paste everything from an article and turn it into an A paper. We still have to give credit to the people who make them. I think as long as we use them for educational purposes and dont put things or people down by mashing up their videos than we are using it "fair"

No comments:

Post a Comment