Saturday, September 18, 2010

Mashup

The purpose of my mashup is to depict how society is actually accentuating the fact that thin is in and it is better to be super skinny than large. The song on the other hand is telling us how bigger women are beautiful. However, anybody can notice that larger models are practically nonexistent. It also holds true when it comes to any other celebrity. They are all thin.

In regard to fair use, I believe that I have equally changed the message of both the song and the videos. They are very contradictory to each other.

I hope that everybody understands the content that I have changed. By listening to the song and then seeing the video, It is my hope that people begin to think about how few and far between plus size women are in the media and that many of these models and celebrities we see are very unhealthy. I also hope they do understand that bigger women are beautiful though.

The only difficulty I had with making the mashup was finding good video for the topic that I originally wanted to do. I ended up changing my mind because of the lack of material. I also thought it was difficult to find a good flv converter to mov that was not for a mac computer. I did all of my project from my pc and had to download a lot of converters that severely lacked in competence.

As for holding up in court, I believe that my video would. It seems to me like I have changed the message, and it's more of a thinking piece to understand that models are more behind the scene and people need to think more of celebrities. Also, these models have to have tons of makeup on to prove to everybody they are beautiful, so there are a lot of various messages in this video.

2 comments:

  1. I liked the video... It would also be interesting to switch the two- images of bigger girls with music about how thin girls are pretty. I believe it would hold up in court, the content is changed with multiple images and the music makes the images state something different. (And I am going to have that song in my head for the rest of the night!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked how you chose a song that would make me think that I am going to see a style show with plus size woman yet when you watch the video you see these thin women. It makes you stop and think that maybe they are too thin and that it is alright to be a little on the heavier side. I also agree with you and think that it would be interesting to switch the two having plus size woman with a " thin" song. Good job!

    ReplyDelete