Monday, September 20, 2010

Mash Up

At first, I had the hardest time coming up with an idea for my mash-up video. I got my idea just from watching TV and the news. Lately, we have been hearing a lot about the celebrities that have been caught lying and cheating and getting into trouble multiple times. I wanted to do make video that would be fun to make and I would enjoy spending time on. I decided to use the song by Brittney Spears, “Oops! I did it again” and show video clips of celebrities apology statements and match it up with Brittney’s song. The meaning to Brittney’s song is different from the meaning of my video. My point is about celebrities lying, cheating, and getting into trouble multiple times. Ooops they did it again.

I do think fair use protects my mash-up. I did not try to remake Brittany’s original video to her song, “Ooops! I did it again. I used images from the news and other videos showing the troubled celebrities. I did not use the meaning of the song to explain the clips and images. I took the song and created my own message and my own video. I also believe that my video would up hold in court. I changed the meaning of the video best I could and did not copy the message of Brittney’s original video to this song.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness! This is so funny! I'm not quite sure it's too terribly different from Brittany's song, because her's is about breaking hearts, but it's way funnier than hers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Clinton clip you slipped in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! I think the "Oops I did it again" song worked perfectly with all your images of the celebrities. Your video made me realize how current all these celebrities cheated on their husbands/wives! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually wanted even more of this video! Very clever, and I loved the beginning with the mix of the "wanna play the game" or what not and the Brittany song. I do see Emwilker's point with the song not being too different, but I think that you would still be good as far as fair use goes; its still poking fun at all these celebrities and their mistakes, even though the clips you showed were intended to be serious "apologies." Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was very well done! It's interesting who we consider role models; I think the song even enhances that irony.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First off...LOL! Great video! The song works perfectly! The clips you used were not being depicted in the same sense as their original meaning so I don't think you have anything to worry about!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! Great video that shows some of our public figures in their "Oops" moments. I think you would be good with fair use on this as the song is referring to breaking hearts but you took it on to just be about mistakes in general, especially those that get brought out in the media spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, great video! Everything in your video went well together! Also, like Jeff mentioned I thought the clinton clip was funny! This video is so true just because it seems like their aren't any TRUE marriages these days with celebrities.

    ReplyDelete