Thursday, September 2, 2010

Mcleod

Okay so wow Copyright laws are absolutely ridiculous!!!! I've always known how insane they are, but after reading this article wow! So music is basically my life and I'm not gonna lie I'm one of those people who does download music sometimes, but after reading this article I'm almost afraid to. This article itself was just completely insane, but the most insane thing about this article, was the fact of Happy Birthday being copyrighted. I've actually heard before that Happy Birthday is copyrighted, but after reading this article people sing Happy Birthday all the time I mean we have all sung it at least once so technically we are all in violation of a copyright SCARY! For example okay so I am one of those people who watches certain shows completely out of pure weakness like for example iCarly. I was watching this episode of iCarly and it was one of the main characters birthdays and they were all about to start singing Happy Birthday when one of the other main characters said "WAIT COPYRIGHT!" Then they all started singing "for she's a jolly good fellow." Kids watch that show everyday and many of them have seen that episode and after seeing that I bet most of them are wondering why they couldn't sing Happy Birthday. Kids sometimes take what they watch really seriously and when you're a little kid Happy Birthday is really important.

1 comment:

  1. Don't tell anyone, but I get a kick out of watching ICarly when my niece watches it. lol

    ReplyDelete