Monday, September 20, 2010

Elderly Mash up Final


The reason as to why I did this was I wanted to show the ironic part of how in today's technology the elderly can at times seem kind of out of it. There are so many different forms of technology that unless the elderly is keeping up they are very fast falling behind. I wanted to mix together pictures of elderly with more of a hip hop type song to show the irony of the two mixed together. Hope you enjoy a little entertainment. i feel that this would hold up in a court because I have revised this and made it my own. This is a fair use because I have put a new spin on a topic that may not be out there just yet or not made as publicly known.







The reason as to why I did this was I wanted to show the ironic part of how in today's technology the elderly can at times seem kind of out of it. There are so many different forms of technology that unless the elderly is keeping up they are very fast falling behind. I wanted to mix together pictures of elderly with more of a hip hop type song to show the irony of the two mixed together. Hope you enjoy a little entertainment.Once I finally got the hang of this I thought that the assignment was alot of fun because you were able to express your own creativity.After doing this project I do feel that my mash up is a fair use because I have re-created it to make it my own and I have put a new spin on my meaning of the two combined together If my video were taken to court for fair use I feel that I would win because the two are not related and this is my own work not and I am able to call it my own.

7 comments:

  1. I liked this mashup, it made me giggle. My grandma still has problems with her very basic cell phone so I can identify with this. The only recommendation I can think of is to have the end of the mashup not so abrupt. The pictures were hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this video very funny. I think this is woudl hold up as fair use because you changed songs and pictures to show the irony. To change it you could have added a clip of elderly people trying to use the technology

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Kyle! I find this video completely original and so, SO funny! Great images and a funny choice of song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work, I agree with all of the comments above, and the only thing that I would have really liked to see was some video footage showing old people. I just wonder if maybe the video is a little mean-hearted on accident? like it almost feels like at times, the video just points out that old people are funny cuz they don't know how to use technology, which I don't think is the whole message, but it could get construed that way. Anyway, regardless it's a funny video and I like the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kyle, I find this video so hilarious I love elderly people and just the fact that the theme song for them was "Cyclone" was HYSTERICAL so funny I give you massive props!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok this made me laugh so hard! This made my day because I have thought about doing a mash up simular to this. Good job on all the great pictures! The music "Cyclone" I would agree with emma, it fit perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great video Kyle, I feel this is so true! Older people have a hard time with adjusting with the technology these days! Also, good job with your editing!

    ReplyDelete