Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fair Use

Fair use lets me change a video that I might not like. Say there is a political candidate that I am against I could edit a video about him changing the point from what he is trying to say to make people see that person how I see them. Before fair use I would be unable to use a video that someone else has used, but now I am able to take that video and change it around and I can use another person’s work with my additions to help people see my point of view. Another example of fair use is just to make fun of things. There are many videos out there that are pretty boring and there are a lot of people that edit those videos and poke fun at things and it makes it very funny. I love searching on YouTube to find videos that people have played with to make fun of other people’s videos.

It would be extremely hard to be a documentary filmmaker without fair use because you would be restricted in so many ways. Documentary filmmakers are all about showing things from a specific point of view. Without fair use they could not show certain things that someone might not believe is right.

This is a video I thought was kind of clever and funny because the two artists are not similar at all but the person who mashed them up did a very good job. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn4xtJNQV2A

No comments:

Post a Comment