Monday, September 13, 2010

The only time that I really use Wiki sites is if I am looking something up for research. I know that Wiki sites are of the less popular sites that teachers like you to go to because it is just a more info type site with no creditable work behind it. Yes I can direct you to other suggestions of sites but I would not use this as my sole means of source while doing research.

I do tend to think that Wiki can become an expertise if you let it. What I mean by this is that if you tend to be more on the lazy side and want something fast and quick then it took overtake you however if you spend a little time and read between the lines of what information that they give you and pull out the important parts then you are the one controlling the expertise.

Giving up of your time I don't always feel that it is in your total control. You intend to get online to look up a quick topic and the next thing you know forty five minutes have passed. The same goes in a way when you log on to say Facebook and you intend to just update your status and instead you spend the next hour and a half " Creeping" on you friends page all while chatting with a buddy of yours. The computer is a wonderful invention and has advanced us in many ways but the challenge you need to face is the control that you have with how long you spend on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment