Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Wikipedia

I've actually had a good amount of experience with Wikipedia. I know that sounds really bad, because for the longest time whenever I put down that I used I Wikipedia as a source I usually get points docked off, for the fact that Wikipedia is not a reliable source. I do totally get that because when you go onto Wikipedia  and you are looking at information at the bottom right hand corner of the information that you find is "edit." It's clickable where you can literally go into what you are reading about edit it yourself or you can be a real jerk and mess it all up, I've seen that before... Lame. Although Wikipedia does have a lot of descriptions and information about one certain topic that maybe the information is really, really good, but my first online browser isn't Wikipedia my any means.

Lessing and Schiff do make some really good points through this article, because I think that there description of Wikipedia with maybe better everything. Lessing makes valuable points about the fact that people at home would rather be editing Wikipedia then I don't know I think it was watching TV. I think that's because Wikipedia is that free of source where you can put down your own thoughts and ideas, to possibly better the description and make it more knowledgeable then before.

So many people share and give up there time all of the time when it comes to the internet. For example, I'm sure this has been discussed numerous amounts of times, FACEBOOK! I don't personally do this, but I know that my best friends do, but whenever they find a hilarious like YouTube video they immediately post it on to their own Facebook or onto who they think it best fits. I find this hilarious because some of the comments that are made are just so funny and sometimes the video is actually funny other times not... This follows up with Mr. Arora where he reads books, magazines, etc. Now for the certain things he reads he shares it online with people, awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment