Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Mcleod

Growing up, my dad told me to never download music without paying, or else I would get in big trouble. I still obey him and the law and pay for the music I download. I always knew copyright laws were strict, but after reading these chapters, I learned how ridiculous they are! It is so sad to read about the 214 Girl Scouts learning the Macarena without the very famous tune! It is so stupid to threaten them fines and jail time. It's the Girl Scouts! Come on now! Even though the ASCAP dropped the whole drama, I think it's still dumb the Girl Scouts $1.00 a year to sing songs. At least they don't have to pay about 5 Million dollars for ringtones, like Verizon Wireless does. It is considered a public performance when our phones go off.

It is also ridiculous that the band, Too Much Joy, lost a song called "Clowns" because they used a sample of Bozo's song in it. There are a few talented artists out there who make original music with original lyrics. I hear songs all the time that use other artist's music or lyrics in their own. I mean I love original music, but I think it is neat to hear a more modern sound of older music.

No comments:

Post a Comment