Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Public Domain

This project was definitely challenging...which ultimately means that I gained a lot from it. First of all, I gained the knowledge of the public domain. I learned what it was, how it works, the guidelines of it, etc. I think the knowledge of the public domain is going to to help me a lot in the future because it's a very powerful tool and it's applicable to almost all fields of study. I also gained the appreciation of history professors, librarians, and people who spend the time to put their work into the public domain through the creative commons. I liked the variety of people and things we worked with for this project. We didn't just deal with one program or look in one place for our images. We used a lot of different resources for the project and I thought that was really cool.
I think there were multiple points to this project. The first point was to learn about the public domain and how to search it. Second, to learn about the creative commons and the licenses that allow us to use the images. Third, it was to learn about the different digital archives that are all over the internet. Fourth, it was to learn the importance of librarians and how they can help us! They are very nice people and they love helping us. I don't know if learning about a topic in history was a point to this project, but I did learn a lot about my topic and I thought that was really interesting as well.  
Overall, I thought this project was very difficult...especially finding all of the images. It was hard to find images that really portrayed the historical research in the appropriate way. But it was a very important project that encompassed several different parts of the technological world. And as we all know, learning about technology is necessary for the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment