Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Digital Archiving

I found this project to be quite challenging. It was a challenge to find appropriate photos that related to my topic. The photos that I found for my project that was not open for the public domain I had a time trying to find out how I could get the photos. I only had luck with one Librarian I contacted. Several of the photos I found that were not open for the public domain I struggled with trying to find a person to contact to get permission to use the photo. By doing this project I did learn more on researching images and photos. I believe I have more knowledge of images that are open to the public domain and images that have copyright restrictions and how to go about getting permission to use the copyright photos.

I believe the purpose of this project to give a more a feel for public domain and copyright and get us familiar with digital archives sites. I never knew that those sites were offered to the public. I also never know how to go about contacting a library for permission for usage of an image. I do think this was a good learning experience. It was a good way to familiarize the class with fair use, public domain, and copyright. I am a strong believer that actually doing hands on work is a better way of learning than sitting and listening to a professor talk about the topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment