Friday, August 27, 2010

Benkler

Although Benkler was quite repetitive and it made the article kind of hard to read. I enjoyed getting his perspective on things. It opened my eyes. I also enjoyed reading classmates posts.
I was able to relate to Benkler point about how manufacturing and how we automatically see the significance of a swoosh on a shoe. Meaning Nike. "Networked information economy" is what we are turning into he is right. He was also right about how it has its ripple effects. I mean I had facebook and then my brother got it and then my parents and now my grandma. Once people see the positive in it they want some too. He was also right when saying " Individuals can reach and inform or edify millions around the world. Through facebook and even email we can chat and keep in touch with people in other countries.
*There are CEO's of huge companies who don't even have to leave their house to meet with people from China or wherever they are doing business from. They can have a video chat from their home office and only need to dress in a shirt.
I think that we are increasing the freedom to be individuals and express our thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment