Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Benkler

After reading chapter 1 by Benkler I feel that he was saying that there are many positive developments in communication. It is very fair to say that we live in a highly communicative world. As it says in page three we are any economy that is centered on information, cultural, production, and manipulation of symbols. I highly agree with Benkler in the fact that we are a society of branding and symbols. This is was retailers such as American Eagle , Aeropostle, and Victoria Secret strive on. Getting their brand out there into the mainstream world with free advertising communication to others to buy their product and they too can look this good.

There are many types of social networking sites out there. You have the cell phones to be able to communicate with anyone in the world. You have numerous dating websites to match you up
" With just the right person". You have Twitter to keep all of your friends in up to date status as to where you are at and what you are doing. You also have the basic email to keep in touch with with those closest to you. There are many forms of communication out there it is essentially up to you as to how and what you want to use.

The most social network that I use is facebook. I use it to help set up benifits for close friends whos family have gone through some tramatic event, I also use it to stay in touch with my friends accross the country and planning when and where we can meet. I have to say that this type of social network has essentially turned into my planner where I am able to keep things organized and know where I need to work on my communication weaknesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment